AIRCRAFT MOBILJET 387 TYPE GAS TURBINE LUBRICANT , CAN 1 QT // MIL-PRF-23699-HPC
Mobil Jet Oil 387
Aircraft Type Gas Turbine Lubricant
Mobil Jet Oil 387 has been developed to meet the performance requirements of both current and future, advanced gas turbine engines used in commercial and military service. Made from a specially prepared, ester base stock, Mobil Jet Oil 387 is fortified with a unique chemical additive package. The resulting lubricant has superior thermal and oxidation stability that resists deterioration and deposit formation. The physical properties of Mobil Jet Oil 387conform to required builder and military specifications.
- Long-duration fluorocarbon compatibility .
- Outstanding oil life characteristics, such as bulk oil stability, viscosity and TAN control .
- Very low vapor/mist and thin film deposition resistance .
- Good low temperature fluidity .
- Mobil Jet Oil 387 is approved against the new SAE AS5780 High Performance Capability (HPC) standard. This civil specification was developed to meet the growing performance and quality needs that commercial airlines seek, especially with the entrance of new, higher-output and lower consumption engines.
- OEM in-house evaluation/approval programs are also underway. Once complete, Mobil Jet Oil 387 will be commercialized for use in aircraft gas turbine engines, including turbo-jet, turbo-fan, turbo-prop, and turbo-shaft (helicopter), in commercial and military service. In addition, it will be suitable for aircraft-type gas turbine engines in industrial and marine applications.
- Mobil Jet Oil 387 is compatible with other synthetic gas turbine lubricants meeting U.S. Military Specification MIL-PRF-23699. Mixing with other products, however, could result in some loss of its superior performance features. The lubricant is completely compatible with all metals used in gas turbine construction, as well as with F Rubber (Viton A), H Rubber (Buna N), and other commonly used seal materials. Engine/OEM Evaluations .